[IPython-dev] fixing warnings in python2.6

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Mar 17 00:16:06 CDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 9:28 PM, Ondrej Certik <ondrej@certik.cz> wrote:

>> - handle doctests in extension modules
> What exactly do you mean here? Like doctests in cython or C modules?

Yup.  Nose didn't, I had to fix that myself in ipdoctest.py.

>> - handle doctests written with ipython prompts (or be taught how to
>> via a plugin, like I had to do for nose)
> Good point, I created an issue for it:
> http://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/detail?id=1328

Great.  Feel free to pilfer ipdoctest.py for anything of use.

>> - easily be told how to run just one file, or even just one function
>> inside one file:
> it uses the py.test like syntax, e.g.
> ./test IPython/tests/test_magic.py
> ./test IPython/tests/test_magic.py -k test_obj_del

>> - How to ignore random output in doctests, either in just one entry or
>> for the whole doctest, but still executing the code
> Nice idea, added to the issue above.

Same as above, ipdoctest has (easy) code for that, grab it if you need it.

>> Does it have those things?  Nose ain't perfect, but it's pretty darn
>> useful even without green 'ok' printouts ;)
> [ok] is very important for me. :)

Oh, I like it too :)  Keep us posted on your testing code.  I have no
special attachment to nose, and if yours does the same things and it's
lighter to use, I'll be more than glad to use it!