[IPython-dev] Merging only 1 commit from branch to trunk

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Sun Oct 18 03:00:46 CDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 9:18 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a branch that I am doing a lot of work on.  I just fixed the %debug
> magic in that branch and
> would like to merge that to trunk.  But the rest of my branch is not ready
> for merging.
> Are there any bzr experts here who know the best way of doing this?

However, as a general DVCS rule, bugfixes should usually be done first
at the oldest branch that will receive the bufig - often this is the
"old release maintenance" branch. Then, it can be merged to trunk
cleanly (as old branches should always be in a state where they have
been merged to trunk),

Ville M. Vainio