[IPython-dev] Merging only 1 commit from branch to trunk

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Mon Oct 19 00:55:36 CDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 2:11 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/10/18 Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com>:
>> http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/bzr.dev/en/user-guide/index.html#cherrypicking

> This means to me that once you've cherrypicked from branch A into
> branch B, then you'll never be able to do a merge(A->B), because the
> cherrypicked commits are likely to cause conflicts.
> That's precisely the problem I alluded to, am I misunderstanding something?

You are perfectly able to do a merge - you'll just have to resolve the
conflict where it happens. After that is done, the branches are fully
mergeable again (and the rest of the changes are merged normally).

Ville M. Vainio