[IPython-dev] Moving to git/github

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Thu Apr 15 13:00:31 CDT 2010

In my mind, the commercial nature of github is an advantage:

* I *want* to have paid, private repos as well.
* Because I am a paying customer, if something goes wrong, there is
(hopefully) a stronger chance that they will be motivated to fix the

Another point is that github itself is one of the main reasons that I
am in favor of the transition to git.  Launchpad drives me absolutely
crazy, github gives me warm fuzzy feelings and sets my mind at peace.