[IPython-dev] Bug triage frenzy

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sat Apr 24 20:23:37 CDT 2010

Hi all,

if you are on the -dev team, you may see a flurry of emails from LP.
I'm in the process of triaging what I can in LP, so we only import
into github valid bugs.  I'm being fairly liberal, marking as
invalid/won't fix only things I'm convinced are fixed in trunk or
truly invalid, as I'd rather let a few false positives through than
ignore good reports.

If you are feeling generous and want to help, anything you do to
triage new open bugs:

will be appreciated.

I've now succeded in downloading to local python objects the entire
ipython bug database from LP, now I just need to figure out how to
programatically upload them to github (I'm using this ruby script as a
guide: http://github.com/suitmymind/lighthouse-to-github/raw/master/migrate-lh-to-gh.rb).
 Then we'll be able to make the transition to GH without losing any
bug history for open bugs.  All new issues on GH will have a link to
their parent on LP for details, though I'm trying to preserve as much
metadata as I can.