[IPython-dev] Full input syntax support finished and ready for review/merge

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Aug 18 03:56:04 CDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 1:45 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is now merged into trunk.  Some small fixes remain to be done,
> but I want this in the hands of the frontend authors sooner rather
> than later.  The remaining cleanups shouldn't affect the public API.
> Please let me know if you find any problems with it, esp. Evan who's
> likely the first who will merge this...

ARGH.  Sorry: I just saw a weird test failure and pulled the update.
I'm too tired to debug it now but I don't want to break trunk in the
middle of Brian's work.  Since I can't fix this tomorrow morning, best
to just pull it until I can push it cleanly into trunk.

Lesson: never, never, ever push into trunk without *actually* running
the test suite.  You'd think I would know this by now...  Ouch.

Evan, you can instead merge from my branch as before:

and I'll add whatever is necessary to fix up the remaining part of the
test suite before I push to trunk itself.  But none of that should
affect you.

Apologies if anyone pulled from trunk in the few minutes the botched
update was visible.