[IPython-dev] Exceptions and completion support in newkernel

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Aug 23 02:31:42 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

I've just pushed a bunch of work here:

that we should be able to merge tomorrow into the new shared newkernel
branch.  This updates the exception handling mechanism to use proper
structured tracebacks throughout, as well as providing a refactoring
of tab completion to make it more independent of readline and more
suitable for use in a messaging environment.

Evan, a few notes:

- I didn't know what to do here.  Not a big deal, we can take care of it later:

- For now, tracebacks are ansi-loaded, so I disabled html reporting:

Evan, let me know how it goes with this, and tomorrow we can push it
to upstream/newkernel after review.