[IPython-dev] isympy doesn't work with the new ipython-dev

Erik Tollerud erik.tollerud@gmail....
Wed Feb 3 14:58:32 CST 2010

I encountered some problems with isympy as well, but managed to get it
to work (at least for my purposes) by changing /usr/local/bin/isympy
(or wherever your script installs the isympy script) to just:

ipython -p sympy

and then I put a ipython_config_sympy.py file in the .ipython
directory with the following:

c = get_config()

# This can be used at any point in a config file to load a sub config
# and merge it into the current one.

lines = """
from __future__ import division
from sympy import *
x, y, z = symbols('xyz')
k, m, n = symbols('kmn', integer=True)
f, g, h = map(Function, 'fgh')

# You have to make sure that attributes that are containers already
# exist before using them.  Simple assigning a new list will override
# all previous values.
if hasattr(c.Global, 'exec_lines'):
    c.Global.exec_lines = [lines]