[IPython-dev] Curses Frontend

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Fri Mar 12 16:08:19 CST 2010

> Releasing ipipe as a separate package would have several advantages:
>  * I wouldn't be forced to use bzr >;->
>  * ipipe could have its own set of requirements
>  * and be released on its own schedule

Yes, these are good reasons.  Also, with the IPython code base being
refactored so heavily, it gives ipipe a bit more isolation from the
messes we are

> Being part of the IPython core has its advantages, but as long as ipipes
> existence is documented in the core, a standalone should be no problem.

Yes, I think we should add a section to the documentation that lists third
party extensions and IPython-using projects.

>> *if it can be
>> maintained/tested along with the rest of  the code*.  So if you think
>> you can update the code/tests,
> As ipipe is mostly interactive, ther currently are no tests. However
> some parts of ipipe could be testet.

Yes, ipipe is probably hard to test.

Brian E. Granger, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Physics