[IPython-dev] check_for_gtk fails with no X11 in 0.10.1

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Nov 15 16:58:33 CST 2010

Hey John,

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 3:57 AM, John Hunter <jdh2358@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am unable to use ipython 0.10.1 in a screen session (no X11) because
> it fails with the following traceback (included below).   Fernando
> initially told me he thought this bug was fixed in 0.10.1 but
> apparently not for all cases.

sorry to have misled you, my memory failed me.  I had fixed the bug in
the  0.10.2 branch (soon to be released):

not in 0.10.1 as I originally said.

If you download the current state of 0.10.2 from

(in case you don't have a git checkout of the full repo handy) you should be OK.

Let me know if it works, and apologies for the confusion.