[IPython-dev] Bug with __del__methods on exit

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Sat Oct 9 11:45:59 CDT 2010

I recently found a problem in my python 3 port of ipython, where the __del__
method of objects, called as the program was exiting, could not find global

On a hunch, I've just tested this in standard ipython, both 0.10 (in Ubuntu)
and trunk. The problem exists in both cases (it only came to light in Python
3 because print is a function). The minimal code to reproduce it is:

class A(object):
    def __del__(self):

a = A()

Which gives: Exception NameError: "global name 'input' is not defined" in
<bound method A.__del__ of <__main__.A object at 0x98634cc>> ignored