[IPython-dev] IPython 0.10.1 -pylab

Peter Butterworth butterw@gmail....
Sun Oct 10 19:55:57 CDT 2010

Sure there are issues with the default cmd.exe codepage, but I don't
think it is the problem here, aI copy paste the paths into ipython.
I changed chcp from cp850 to cp1252

>> sys.stdout.encoding
Out[11]: 'cp437'

cp 437

<quote author="Jörgen Stenarson-2">
Peter Butterworth skrev 2010-10-05 20:56:
> Hi,
> I have the following issue with IPython 0.10.1 /IPython 0.10 with
> python 2.6 and only on Windows 32/64bits in pylab mode (it works fine
> in regular ipython) :
> I can't cd to a directory with an accentuated character.
> [Error 2] Le fichier spÚcifiÚ est introuvable: 'c:/Python_tests/001/b\xc3\xa9'
> c:\Python_tests\001
> I hope this can be solved as it is really quite annoying.

For me there are some issues with the default codepage that is set in
the console window when you launch python.

If you are having the same problem I have experienced then
may help you resolve your issues.
If not please let me know and I will try to improve the explanation.

peter butterworth