[IPython-dev] [QUAR] Re: Qt SVG clipping bug (it's NOT a matplotlib bug)- Qt won't fix...

Mark Voorhies mark.voorhies@ucsf....
Sun Oct 17 15:56:58 CDT 2010

On Thursday, October 14, 2010 10:05:06 am John Hunter wrote:
> It should be fairly trivial to get mpl to generate a PNG on the kernel
> side by requesting backend Agg, and then shipping that along with your
> SVG and embedding it into your widget.

Thanks!  I'm not sure if the iPython kernel has the same defaults on all systems,
but my system is defaulting to the TkAgg backend and
print_figure(string_io, format='png') does what I want.