[IPython-dev] Helping battle testing the newapp branch

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Wed Jun 15 18:33:40 CDT 2011

On 16 June 2011 00:19, MinRK <benjaminrk@gmail.com> wrote:

> A screenshot of the most exciting consequence of hooking up the config
> stuff to the qtconsole:

The goggles, they do nothing ;-)

More seriously:
- ipython profile does nothing - should a command like that print out a
brief usage message, like when you get the arguments wrong for many command
line programs
- ipcluster start throws an error, I don't know if this is something in my

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/thomas/Code/virtualenvs/ipy-trunk/bin/ipcluster", line 18, in
line 438, in launch_new_instance
    app = IPBaseParallelApplication.instance()
NameError: global name 'IPBaseParallelApplication' is not defined

I'll do more testing soon, hopefully.