[IPython-dev] Package-specific extensions: an idea

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Fri Jun 17 12:04:55 CDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 11:45 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What would the user experience look like in this scenario?
> Since the config file is executed when IPython isn't fully up yet,
> it's not the place to put code that depends on IPython itself, that's
> why we have the exec_files field.  So I have in my config file this:

But wait, extensions are loaded later when IPython has come up fully.
Why not put this logic in the extension itself.  IOW, have the
extension call:

that would fully keep all of the logic localized in the extension as
it should be.