[IPython-dev] Website

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Tue Jun 21 14:58:02 CDT 2011

On 21 June 2011 19:40, Klonuo <klonuo@gmail.com> wrote:

>  AFAIK subpixel rendering is only applied to fonts. Images don't have
> that possibility (information) unless you hardcode that effect (or use
> some format as DjVu)

OK, scratch that idea. I'd assumed it could antialias lines and curves in
the same way.

> > @font-face is a way to load a reference to a font that you can then use
> in a
> > CSS font-family definition. Most browsers now support it, although IE
> only
> > had partial support until v9 (http://caniuse.com/#feat=fontface ).
> Browsers
> > that don't support it would just use fallback font families as is normal
> > with CSS.
> Sorry, but I still don't get it. What will you reference with that
> directive? Do you mean to put logo as text in html?

Yes, you'd put the logo in as HTML, and style it with CSS. Newer browsers
let you reference fonts, so that you can use a font which isn't installed on
the user's computer. See Google's instructions for Droid Sans Mono, for

> > The top ones look fine to me, but I'll let other people comment on
> > typographic matters! Hope this isn't getting too frustrating - we should
> > have a decision soon.
> No. I was asking as I wasn't sure if you are implying to redo.
> I'm in Droid from those samples

If you've got spare time, it would be interesting to see them with the [y]
adjusted so that there's less space above the y (whether you move the y or
shrink the [ ] is up to you). But don't worry too much about it. Primarily
I'd like to get some more opinions - Brian, Min, Evan, you've all weighed in
on logos previously - what do you think of the different fonts Klonuo has