[IPython-dev] msg_type moved to 'header'?

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Fri Sep 2 13:57:58 CDT 2011

Paul, thanks for the catch.

After chatting with Brian, I am going to restore the msg_id/msg_type aliases
to the top-level of the msg dict.  They have always been in the header,
because the header/parent/content are the only things sent over the wire.
 But it still makes sense for msg_id/msg_type to be accessible in the top
level of the dict.

I'll make sure the docs reflect this as well.  We should definitely be more
careful changing published specs.