[IPython-dev] Fwd: wxPython console

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Mon Apr 9 14:40:40 CDT 2012

On 9 April 2012 20:29, Emmanuel Bacry <emmanuel.bacry@polytechnique.fr> wrote:
> and then in the console I execute any function that takes time and whenever I ctrl-C I have a dialog asking me whether I want to restart the kernel and i I say no, nothing happens ???

Can you replicate this with:

import time

On my machine, that works as expected - I get a traceback from a
KeyboardInterrupt in the sleep call. If that works, then the problem
is in the functions you're calling - the interrupt must be causing
them to crash the kernel process. The dialog you mention appears when
the Qt console detects that its kernel has died.