[IPython-dev] more on embedding Qt/IPythonWidget

Piotr Zolnierczuk dasneutron@gmail....
Tue Apr 24 12:45:13 CDT 2012

I got a tip  from Raymond Bosman (back in February) that I thought
went posted to this mailing list, so I assumed it was non-issue

Here it is:

Hi Piotr,

I came across the same problem that no prompt was available in the
IPython Qt Widget.
The solution is to add:

The example code becomes:

from IPython.frontend.qt.console.ipython_widget import IPythonWidget
from IPython.lib import guisupport

from IPython.frontend.qt.kernelmanager import QtKernelManager

def main():
   app = guisupport.get_app_qt4()

   km = QtKernelManager()
   control = IPythonWidget()