[IPython-dev] [ANN] SIAM Conference on Computational Science & Engineering Submission Deadlines Approaching!

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Aug 2 18:10:40 CDT 2012

Dear Colleagues,

the SIAM CSE13 conference will be held next year in Boston, and this is a
conference that is well suited for much of the type of work that goes on in
the open source scientific Python development community (and Julia).  The
conference is co-chaired by Hans-Petter Langtangen, well known around these
parts for his several books on scientific computing with Python and for
having led a campus-wide adoption of Python as the core computational
foundation across the University of Oslo.  I am also on the program
committee, as well as Randy LeVeque and other Python-friendly folks.

An excellent way to participate is to organize a one- or two-part
minisymposium on a specific topic with a group of related speakers
(instructions at http://www.siam.org/meetings/cse13/submissions.php).

Please note that the MS deadline is fast approaching: August 13, 2012.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact me or one of
the other organizers if you feel they can address your concerns more

"Fernando Perez" <Fernando.Perez@berkeley.edu>
"Randy LeVeque" <rjl@amath.washington.edu> (Reproducible research track)
"Hans Petter Langtangen" <hpl@simula.no> (Conference co-chair)
"Karen Willcox" <kwillcox@mit.edu> (conference chair)