[IPython-dev] Static View for the Notebook

Dave Hirschfeld dave.hirschfeld@gmail....
Thu Aug 9 06:22:28 CDT 2012

Matthias BUSSONNIER <bussonniermatthias <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Instead of using popen you can use the markdown python package that is pip
> I did it for nbviewer that yon can find on github and need to bring the
changes to nbconvert.
> notebook convert still need some work.
> import markdown
> ….
> 843     @DocInherit$
> 844     @text_cell$
> 845     def render_markdown(self, cell):$
> 846         return [markdown.markdown(cell.source)] $
> just need to replace i everywhere
> if someone have time to do it and test….

Cheers for the hint, I can confirm that your fix Works For Me.

C:\dev\code\nbconvert>nbconvert.py -f html staticHTML.ipynb
C:\dev\code\nbconvert>ls *.html

It seems that there is another call to markdown on L1314, however
this doesn't appear to be called in this particular case.