[IPython-dev] custom web notebook cells

Jason Grout jason-sage@creativetrax....
Mon Dec 17 16:52:09 CST 2012

On 12/15/12 3:22 PM, Jason Grout wrote:
> On 12/15/12 2:20 PM, Jason Grout wrote:
>>     So, for example, you could have:
> Here's another example to contribute to the brainstorm:
> def f(n=1, d=2):
>       <<<blockly widget>>>
> where the blockly widget is a graphical description of the function body.

I see that CodeMirror 3 is out now, which allows you to mark some text
and replace it with a DOM node [1].  I think you see this in the code
folding demo:

It seems that our editor now supports this sort of functionality!  I've
been waiting for this capability in CodeMirror for years; I'm really
excited about it!

[1] See the markText function:
http://codemirror.net/doc/manual.html#markText, and then replaceWith option.