[IPython-dev] Problem with IPython 0.12 and PuDB

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Jan 6 11:41:15 CST 2012

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
> I also get the atexit KeyErrors when I use IPython's Pdb subclass outside of
> IPython. There should probably be a guard there in case the output cache has not
> been set up. Similarly with the other KeyError.

This is worth fixing though...

> As for the first AttributeError, the interface changed very recently. You no
> longer provide a user_global_ns dictionary. Instead, you provide user_module.
> user_global_ns is a read-only property that gets the dictionary from
> user_module. IIRC, this was done to help with the perennial problems we have had
> with faking the __main__ module.

Correct, and thanks for providing the clarification.  I'd already
forgotten that detail...  Your ability to remember these things never
ceases to amaze me...