[IPython-dev] A blog post on the ipython notebook: a historical recap and notes about the Sage notebook

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Jan 8 18:43:58 CST 2012

Hi all,

prompted by a question on the ipython user list about the IPython
notebook and the Sage one, I ended up writing a fairly long blog post
on the matter:

It's mainly a history of the IPython notebook, but it tries to also
answer the user's question about where it stands in relation to the
Sage one; I figured some of you might find these notes interesting.

Feedback and corrections welcome, of course!