[IPython-dev] ZMQError: Too many open files

Dave Hirschfeld dave.hirschfeld@gmail....
Thu Jan 12 05:39:54 CST 2012

Thomas Kluyver <takowl <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 10 January 2012 20:56, dave.hirschfeld <dave.hirschfeld <at> gmail.com>
> I've been testing out the *awesome* parallel capabilities of the new
> IPython but was continuously getting the "Too many open files"
> ZMQError:
> This error has come up recently on ipython-user - take a look at this thread:

> Thanks, Thomas

Thanks, it seems the root cause of my problem is indeed creating clients in a
loop without closing them properly. I came up with my solution (hack?) before
xmas so a google search didn't turn up that very helpful post!