[IPython-dev] A couple of odd behaviours...

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Thu Nov 8 11:10:17 CST 2012

On 8 November 2012 17:00, Carl Smith <carl.input@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had to quickly set things up, but yeah, everything works according
> to spec in the console. It's just the Notebook. I'd ask on the adb
> list if there's anything unusual about how it works, but I think it
> was done in house by Google. I'm not sure. I'll have to look into it.

Hmm, that's really weird, because the Qt console and the notebook use the
same kernel. Can you try starting with "ipython qtconsole --debug", and
finding the lines that look like this:

[IPKernelApp]    Content: {'user_variables': [], 'code': '!pwd\n',
'silent': False, 'allow_stdin': True, 'store_history': True,
'user_expressions': {}}

[IPythonQtConsoleApp] stream: {'data':
'/home/thomas/Code/ubuntu/unattended-upgrades\r\n', 'name': 'stdout'}