[IPython-dev] Maptlotlib Contour Issue (Bug?) with IPython Notebook

Patrick Marsh patrickmarshwx@gmail....
Sun Apr 21 22:02:13 CDT 2013

Below is a link to an IPython Notebook instance that tries to do a simple
contour plot. Unfortunately, I can't get a contour plot to actually appear.
If I do a pcolormesh plot, that works...so it isn't a display issue.
Furthermore, if one takes the code in the first cell of the notebook below,
it will work if pasted into an IPython console.

I'm currently running the latest (HEAD) for both Matplotlib and IPython.

The above notebook was generated on a Mac.

Any ideas?

Patrick Marsh
Techniques Development Meteorologist
NOAA/NWS/NCEP Storm Prediction Center