[IPython-dev] Parallel: Report progress from the engines

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Aug 12 18:34:29 CDT 2013

these two notebooks provide examples of monitoring a parallel run (in
this case an MPI one, but you can adapt this to your use case). The
first uses engine-driven data publication, the second uses client-side
polling in a thread; each approach has its pros and cons:

And here is a bit more info on the structure of async results that can
be used for timing/monitoring:

I seem to recall Min had some more examples of this, but can't seem to
find them right now.