[IPython-dev] IPython + gevent compatibility

Alex Gaudio adgaudio@gmail....
Wed Feb 6 10:47:22 CST 2013

Hello all,

I did some research into how we could make IPython and gevent compatible
with each other, and after some discussion on
we decided the best way to integrate the two is execute a gevent.monkey
patch in the IPython launcher (or earlier).  As a follow-up to this, Thomas
Kluyver suggested I ask you all the following question:

Is anyone here be interested in IPython supporting a specific
ipython_gevent launcher?  It might look like this:

# EASY-INSTALL-ENTRY-SCRIPT: 'ipython==0.13.1','console_scripts','ipython'
__requires__ = 'ipython==0.13.1'
import sys
from pkg_resources import load_entry_point

*import gevent.monkey ; gevent.monkey.patch_all()*  *## monkey patch would
be added here  ##*

   load_entry_point('ipython==0.13.1', 'console_scripts', 'ipython')()

Thanks for your time!