[IPython-dev] remove --script?

Alistair Miles alimanfoo@googlemail....
Thu Oct 24 08:13:24 CDT 2013

Hi folks,

I was just browsing through the IPython roadmap and spotted this:

   - (M,3) Move .py export to nbconvert and remove --script

I guess this is a while off, but could I make a vote for *not* removing
--script? Currently I use this feature to make it easy to import functions
between notebooks. I.e., Currently I can have two notebooks on the go, one
effectively importing from the other, because each time they are saved the
.py is also automatically saved, which is very convenient. If I had to
manually export a .py via nbconvert each time that would be a pain, and
would mean the .ipynb and corresponding .py would easily get out of sync.

Btw very much looking forward to 2.0.

Alistair Miles
Head of Epidemiological Informatics
Centre for Genomics and Global Health <http://cggh.org>
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics
Roosevelt Drive
United Kingdom
Web: http://purl.org/net/aliman
Email: alimanfoo@gmail.com
Tel: +44 (0)1865 287721 ***new number***