[IPython-dev] what is this "Untrusted text/latex output ignored." stuff?

Damián Avila damianavila@gmail....
Mon Feb 3 06:10:49 CST 2014

You have to trust your notebook:

This is the relevant PR, just merged a couple of day ago:

But Brian is working in sanitizing the markdown cells too... so we are
waiting a little bit to announce this "trust" feature to the list.

2014-02-03 Zoltán Vörös <zvoros@gmail.com>:

>  Hi all,
> When a notebook contains sympy-generated latex code, the latex content is
> not rendered on load, instead an "Untrusted text/latex output ignored."
> message is displayed. On the other hand, latex in a markdown cell is
> trusted, and rendered properly. Is there a way to instruct the notebook to
> "trust" the latex code even in the output field of a code cell? Are there
> any security issues involved here?
> Cheers,
> Zoltán

Damián Avila
Scientific Python Developer
Quantitative Finance Analyst
Statistics, Biostatistics and Econometrics Consultant