[IPython-dev] libreadline.so.5 missing in Canopy's IPython?

Name Name zeitlinie@yahoo...
Fri Feb 21 11:35:56 CST 2014

I'm (partially) using IPython also out of Enthought's Canopy environment. Hopefully someone on this list is familiar with that.

I just upgraded to version only to find that I could not invoke the simple 'non-notebook' IPython shell anymore without error because of a missing libreadline.so.5.

I then realized, that indeed appdata/canopy- is lacking libreadline.so.5 completely(?)
Also I realized that strangely/luckily appdata/canopy- of the earlier version was not deleted during update(?)
Moreover the 'old' appdata/canopy- does contain libreadline.so.5

After putting links to the 'old' libreadline.so.5 into the new appdata/canopy- the 'non-notebook' IPython shell starts again without error.

Most likely all of this is not supposed to be. Does anyone have/had similar experiences? What am I missing here?