[IPython-dev] Embedding IPython in C using Python/C API

Filipe Saraiva filipe@kde....
Sun Feb 23 15:58:37 CST 2014

I would like to develop an IPython backend for Cantor, a IDE from
KDE-edu project for several mathematical softwares like Python 2,
Scilab, Maxima, Octave, etc. You can see the Python 2 backend info in

I searched for info on the web about the use of Python/C API and IPython
but I can not find anything. I am thinking in to use PyRun_SimpleString
to send commands to IPython and get the commands output using
stdout/stderr to show this outputs in C side.

I will appreciate any reference to use of Python/C API in IPython.

Thank you;

Filipe Saraiva