[IPython-user] Still(!) problems with ipython-emacs-mode

Jens Brandenburg jens_brandenburg at gmx.net
Tue Oct 28 09:29:22 CST 2003

It looks like Karl was right. That's why I replaced the older
python-mode.el by the one wich can be downloaded under ipython.scipy.net
... But this doesn't change anything...
So, maybe it's better to go through it step by step...
I installed my xemacs under: c:\programs\xemacs
My HOME directory is c:\
python-mode.el is found in
ipython.el I put in c:\programs\xemacs\xemacs21.4.8\lisp
init.el is situated in c:\.xemacs
In the init.el I add the following line:
(require 'ipython)
So, I think I've done everything necessary, or not???
PS.: What means "IPython will be set as the default python shell, but only
if the ipython executable is in the path."? Which path is meant here?

Jens Brandenburg