[IPython-user] Re: Re: IPython and psyco

Thorsten Kampe thorsten at thorstenkampe.de
Thu Jun 10 06:49:45 CDT 2004

* Fernando Perez (2004-05-18 07:20 +0100)
> Thorsten Kampe wrote:
>> * David J. C. Beach (2004-05-17 19:02 +0100)
>>>My best advice for using psyco within IPython is:
>>>(1) don't use psyco.full(), and
>>>(2) explicitly tell psyco which functions to specialize (optimize)
>> Indeed, psyco.bind() works, thanks.
> Where should such calls go?  And is there really any measurable impact?  If
> this is something with a significant impact I could mention it in the
> documentation.  Can you comment a bit on your experience with it?  I've never
> used psyco myself, so I'm quite curious.

I haven't measured significant speed accelaration except in one
function but my testing was not extensive. For a more "real world"
scenario you might read:

* Charming Python: Make Python run as fast as C with Psyco

* The Ultimate Psyco Guide -  Zope's TAL: a real example with benchmarks