[IPython-user] A cry for help: I give up with Windows installers

Viktor Ransmayr viktor.ransmayr at t-online.de
Fri Jun 11 04:14:01 CDT 2004

Hi Fernando,

I've tried to build the windows-installer from source using

Executing  "python setup.py bdist_wininst
I get the following traceback:

removing 'build\bdist.win32\wininst' (and everything under it)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 130, in ?
line 83, in run
  File "D:\Python23\lib\shutil.py", line 71, in copy
    copyfile(src, dst)
  File "D:\Python23\lib\shutil.py", line 37, in copyfile
    fsrc = open(src, 'rb')
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:

The windows-installer is created however ...

The way I interprete it is that setup.py (?) doesn't create the
subdirectory "ipython".

Since it's the first time that I play around w/ distutils I failed to
provide a patch. -  I hope that I provided
enough info for you to fix the problem. - I'm happy to try out any new
version from your side.

PS: For completeness I'm attaching the stripped build log.