[IPython-user] Re: Embedded IPython and readline under MacOS-X

Justin Walker justin at mac.com
Tue Apr 5 10:55:33 CDT 2005

On Apr 5, 2005, at 5:47, Frédéric Mantegazza wrote:

> Le Mardi 5 Avril 2005 01:14, Andy Todd a écrit :
>> To enable readline support for the Apple supplied version of Python
>> requires a single line to be typed into the terminal;
>> $ python `python -c "import pimp; print pimp.__file__"` -i readline
> Thank's for the tip, but I don't understand: how can I use it in a
> normal
> way to launch my scripts ?

I think the point is that, once you run the command as in Andy's post,
python will be configured to enable the use of readline.  At least,
when I run the above line once, subsequent runs of python have readline

In other words, you need to run the above command only once.  Then use
python as you normally would.

Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large  *
Institute for General Semantics        | Some people have a mental