Re: [IPython-user] Re: Re: Re[2]: IPython not reloading file under Win2000

Jerry McRae qrs0xyc02 at
Mon Jul 18 13:45:05 CDT 2005

Hi Alan,

You <A> wrote on Monday (7/18/2005 at 2:04 PM) thus about [IPython-user] Re: Re: Re[2]: IPython not reloading file under        Win2000:
A> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Mark Lawrence apparently wrote:
>> I remembered that the problem I found was with Pythoncard.  Googling led me
>> to the Pythoncard file which gives the strategy and the
>> code to find the home directory

A> That also works:

A> Cheers,
A> Alan Isaac

You know, of course, that the example in the comment:

On Windows 2000: \Documents and Settings\%UserName%

are for illustration only.  The program DOES NOT make any attempt to
decode this literally, or do anything but use the environment
variables as literals.

The computer runs
Like a swift-flowing river
I wait in silence.

(Python 2.3.5, IPython 0.6.13, Windows XP)