[IPython-user] Using CVS IPython

Frédéric Mantegazza mantegazza at ill.fr
Tue Mar 22 07:01:48 CST 2005

I'm trying to use the CVS version of IPython, while a distrib IPython is
installed, but it does not work.

I check out IPython in my project tree, and import this version by giving
the whole path, but then the 'deep_reload' module imports 'Release' as
following :

    from IPython import Release

But this is the distrib IPython which is imported ! How can I have the CVS
version imported in my project tree (I would like to easily update new
versions) ?

Here is my tree:

PyMAD/client/ipython/IPython/... (from cvs)

and I use it with:

    from PyMAD.ipython.Ipython.Shell import IPShellEmbed