[IPython-user] ipython scripts/noninteractive use?

Jan Nieuwenhuizen janneke at gnu.org
Thu Nov 24 03:28:19 CST 2005

I was hoping to use ipython in python scripts to simplify executing
shell commands, ie, to simplify translating a bash script into python.

For example, how do I use ipython to do something like
    ipython.shell (shell_class=noninteractive,
                    cd %(srcdir)s && aclocal
                    cd %(srcdir)s && autoheader
as a translation of the sh snippet
     set -e
     cd $srcdir && aclocal
     cd $srcdir && autoheader
instead of having to do something like
     my_system ('cd %s && aclocal' % self.srcdir ())
     my_system ('cd %s && autoheader' % self.srcdir ())
-- Jan.