[IPython-user] Custom command completers implemented in SVN

Stefan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Wed Nov 1 02:08:42 CST 2006

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 09:02:47PM +0200, Ville M. Vainio wrote:
> On 10/30/06, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have a preliminary (but functional, and probably final)
> > implementation of custom completer hooks implemented in SVN. Now it's
> > quite easy to add your own completers.
> I renamed the file to ipy_stock_completers.py and added two extra (and
> probably more useful) completers - "import" and "svn" command
> completers.

Thanks, Ville!  This is very useful.

A question about filename completion in general.  When I type

and <TAB> to complete, I see

Once the inverted-commas are closed, no more filename completion can
be done, and I have to type 'backspace <TAB>'.  I think this used to
work a long time ago, but I may recall incorrectly.