[IPython-user] ipython1 test results

Flavio Coelho fccoelho at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 12:23:42 CST 2006

Hi I have just tested the latest SVN version o ipython1 and I decided to
tell the list that it really impressed me.

I had all the dependencies already installed since I had already played with
an earlier version (without success).

I really liked the new ipcluster script. I makes it a nobrainer to start the
I couldn't get much out of the ipwebserver though. Maybe its just on its
preliminary stages. I have played around with some simple commands so far.
Since my workstation has 4 cpus, there is some fun to be had locally, but I
hope you improve the ipcluster script to automagically  start the engines in
multiple machines, given a list of ip addresses.

I have a question still, can Ipython1 parallelization facilities be from
within a module instead of being used interactively?  From what I've seen in
the documentation it seems possible given that ipcluster is up and running

Keep up the good work guys!

Flávio Codeço Coelho
registered Linux user # 386432
"Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made."
Otto von Bismark