[IPython-user] exiting ipshell()

Kumar Golap tizan.moris at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 13:51:36 CDT 2006

Hi Fernando,

I'm launching the fork in a script launched from within the
ipshell()...so basically i want to do what you propose from withing
the ipython shell...

The snippet of code below is part of a python function that a user
will be running inside ipython.

Thanks for your help

	pid= os.fork()
	if pid:
		#we are the parent : go back to cursor in  ipython shell
		#we are the child..
                # Can i exit the ipshell at this stage ?