[IPython-user] Autoindentation in emacs

Seweryn Kokot skokot at po.opole.pl
Fri Oct 6 12:07:00 CDT 2006

Fernando Perez <fperez.net <at> gmail.com> writes:

>On 5/24/06, Fernando Perez <fperez.net <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>>But today, I've spent about as much time (in fact, much more) as I can
>>afford to on emacs-related things for ipython.
>Never mind, I was just lazy. Rev. 1325 now contains the patch in
>ipython.el with the necessary fixes for xemacs compatibility (trivial:

Coming back to autoindentation, it doesn't work here.

I'm using:
emacs-snapshot (emacs 22)
ipython 0.7.2
ipython.el rev. 1325
python-mode 1.0.

This is what I get:

In [1]: def foo(x,y):
File "<ipython console>", line 3
a = 4
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
In [2]:

I should be noted observing *IPython Indentation Calculation* buffer
I see that after typing "b = 5" and RET, this buffer is erased so
the next "a = 4" comes at the beginning of the line.

Any ideas?