[IPython-user] Time for documentation infrastructure overhaul?

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Tue Aug 21 14:52:43 CDT 2007

On 8/21/07, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/21/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes, I've been looking into this recently already, esp. now that
> > python-dev made the transition, so much of the groundwork is now done
> > and (hopefully) reasonably tested.  The person who did the lion's
> Ah, I see. It's a rather recent, but apparently succesful effort.
> Places to look:
> http://svn.python.org/projects/doctools/ (the actual software)

I've now tried this tool, and I have to say it's probably easier to
write a direct custom mapping from LyX to ReST than it would be to
hack the doctools utility for our purposes. Luckily the LyX syntax
used seems to be rather simple.