[IPython-user] Chinese char width problem in pyreadline

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson@bostream...
Mon Oct 22 11:41:28 CDT 2007

pan skrev:
> Hi.
> I have modified some code in pyreadline\console\console.py file(to use
> unicode).
> Two line in pyreadline\lineeditor\lineobj.py(to support Chinese char
> width; Chinese char range: 0x4e00  <= ord(c) <= 0x9fa5).

thanks for your input. A long term goal has been to add proper unicode
support (I think it will be a requirement when python 3.0 shows up). So
thanks for your input on this problem. I won't have time to look into it
in more detail until sunday.