[IPython-user] Debugger.Pdb(OldPdb): __IPYTHON__ not defined causes crash

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Jun 3 02:14:39 CDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 6:32 AM, Peter J. Bismuti
<peter.j.bismuti@boeing.com> wrote:
> When I try to embed Python I get an exception __IPYTHON__ not found.  It is
> because Debugger.Pdb() forgets to set __IPYTHON__ in the "hack" copy of
> __init__ (done to avoid importing 'readline').  Adding similar code from
> above seems to have fixed it.
> Is this any help?

It certainly does, but before I apply this as a fix, could you please
post a small, self-contained example that causes the crash?  Because
the canonical  embedding example shipped with the code, such as

Runs fine here.

I just want to see the actual error directly so I can better evaluate the fix.