[IPython-user] stderr missing in IPython + Emacs + WinXP

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Jun 3 16:04:05 CDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 12:45 PM, Jie Tang <jietang86@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Joe,
> I'm seeing the same sort of behavior you describe on IPython/Emacs/XP. It
> seems like sys.stderr has some buffering issues; if I flush the stream using
> stderr.flush() after writing to it the text displays.
> As a workaround I added calls to
> Term.cout.flush()
> Term.cerr.flush()
> right before IPython's "In[]" input prompt is displayed (around line 1675 in
> iplib.py)

Could you please create a bug report for this on the tracker

that way it doesn't get lost (if you have already reported it on the
old Trac site, then don't worry.  We're not ignoring those reports).