[IPython-user] broken key inputs after module import

Ole Trenner ole@jayotee...
Thu Jun 26 04:13:07 CDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this list, so please bear with my ignorance.

I've got a small problem with Ipython 0.8.2, running under Gentoo Linux,
Python 2.4.4.

After starting ipython, several keys usually have a special meaning. So
up/down browses through the command history, left/right moves the cursor
within the current command.

After importing a special module (web.py, v0.23), however, these key
bindings are broken. Whenever I press one of these keys, only control
chars like "^[[A" are displayed.

I guess that this has something to do with readline (5.2_p12-r1), but I
have no idea how it applies to ipython or how to deal with it.

Do you have any idea what's going on there?

Thanks for your help,

Ole Trenner