[IPython-user] Running ipython within NTemacs

Patrik Jonsson patrik@ucolick....
Wed May 7 00:29:26 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I've been using ipython for a while, and just decided that it would be nice
to have it working from within emacs on my windows machine. Here's my setup

python 2.5
ipython 0.8.2 (with readline etc)
python-mode.el v 465

I've created a .bat file which starts ipython with the ipython script, and
this works from outside emacs. However, if I start emacs and do "py-shell",
ipython crashes. I've attached the crash report. My .emacs says:

; ipython
(setq auto-mode-alist (cons '("\\.py$" . python-mode) auto-mode-alist))
(setq interpreter-mode-alist (cons '("python" . python-mode)
(autoload 'python-mode
"c:\\software\\ntemacs22\\site-lisp\\python-mode\\python-mode" "Python
editing mode." t)
(setq ipython-command "c:\\python25\\ipython.bat")
(require 'ipython)

Is this supposed to work, or can anyone say something obvious I'm doing
wrong? The documentation doesn't seem to specifically address the
emacs+windows+ipython trifecta.